Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I don't know this Joe Barton fellow, but I like the cut of his jib

The Washington Post headline reads, "In slideshow, Rep. Joe Barton declares war on the Obama administration."

If the Obama administration was hoping to see hints of bipartisanship from the Hill, it might want to skip over the House Energy and Commerce Committee... The committee's ranking Republican, Rep. Joe L. Barton (Tex.), has a slide presentation that he's e-mailing to colleagues:










Patton? What's not to like?


Hat tip: Memeorandum.

6 comments:

Zilla said...

What, a Republican with a spine? it's about danged time! I hope he lives up to his slideshow.

Gordon said...

Barton, you magnificent bastard! I read your slideshow.

directorblue said...

@Gordon - dammit, that's a better title than mine!

Anonymous said...

Ed Schultz used the last slide to claim that Barton is comparing Obama to Hitler.

Stoutcat said...

I have to say, that's a pretty p*ss-poor slideshow. I could do better blindfolded, using an Etch-a-Sketch.

Mis-use of PowerPoint should be illegal.

Anonymous said...

I had a chance to speak to this worthless congressman. He supports the NDAA's clause for indefinite detention of Americans without trial, without accusations, without representation, and without charges. He can vote 100% for the rest of the bills I agree with but if he want's Washington to have that kind of power then he's no better than the rest.