Sunday, March 18, 2012

Raising the Level of Public Discourse: Cee Lo Sings 'F*** You', Flips Off Audience at Official Obama Fundraiser

Class: the feet on the furniture; the record-setting pursuit of golf, vacations, and White House parties; and the non-stop fundraising -- highlighted last week by a Cee Lo appearance with President Obama at an Atlanta fundraiser.

Singer Cee Lo Green just finished performing his hit song at President Obama’s campaign fundraiser at the Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Ga., and he started with the uncensored version.

The Grammy-winner and Atlanta native flicked off the audience before asking, “Can I curse in here?” But he didn’t wait for the answer, letting out a loud “f*** you!” Cee Lo ultimately switched to the censored “Forget You” lyrics.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney refused to comment on the song earlier today when pressed by reporters aboard Air Force One. Carney did admit that the president is “a fan” of Cee Lo’s music and might have his songs on his iPod.

Of course he is.

I'm sure his kids are humming the song now, too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug may I have permission to use your graphic" I who is obama?" I need your authorization in writing because it's perfect for an article I'm writing for the western Journalism center. Thanks I'm Jim Campbell and I can be reached at jcscuba@gmail.com

The_Bad said...

It's actually a pretty catchy tune and the production value is excellent. That said, I'd hardly classify it as "Presidential".

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said...That's the civility we were all waiting for, cuz he wuz just bein' authentik, and clownin'.