Friday, July 04, 2014

Top 6 Concept Photos of Apple's Forthcoming iWatch

I'm not an Apple guy. My smartphone is an Android and, because of its impressive battery life, I get to make fun of my zombie-like, iPhone-addicted friends and family.

Zombie-like, because they always seem to be wandering around aimlessly, murmuring "anyone have an iPhone charger?". Based on my observations, the average battery life of an iPhone is roughly equivalent to my attention span. I thought the point of a wireless device was not to have to have a wire attached to it?

Anyhow, Apple's forthcoming iWatch is generating a lot of interest and I've seen -- courtesy of BadBlue Tech News -- a lot of neat concept photos of how it might look. Here are six that caught my attention.

6. 9to5Mac - a Movado-style luxury watch:


My take: clean, but not exactly sexy or innovative in appearance.

5. RepairLabs Concept:


My take: nice compromise between size/readability and form factor. Use of the entire bracelet as a display is compelling.

4. Martin Hajek concept:


My take: curved face and bezel are intriguing; the left and center units look a tad bulky.

3. Toddham Flexible OLED Display:


My take: sleek, elegant -- but it's not altogether clear how the compact display will prove usable in real life.

2. Bangle Bracelet:


My take: lots of display space, but will sizable, bracelet-style wrist-wear really catch on?

1. Dave Heinzel concept:


My take: this looks about right.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone own a watch when you can carry a cell phone? And the Android? It's the best phone ever made.